Friday, May 23, 2014

Late night thoughts.

Sometimes working late can really take its toll on you. Don't let anyone tell you an application support engineer's job is easy. 5 hours and 4 minutes of a possible business impacting issue plus another 45 minutes writing up the incident report will keep you much later than planned. Its kind of quiet and lonely at night, I wish there were more people to talk to during this time, because that is how I spent most of it. You almost sense that the world is moving in a certain direction and by staying up you are resisting the natural flow of reality. Its quite surreal at times.

My work shift can be quite draining - sucking the energy right out of you. It can leave you unable to think carefully and make good judgement calls.  It uses clarity as its fuel and burns the mind given enough time.
Perhaps I am being too negative, but  In my current state, I don't feel physically prepared quite enough for it.

 So what's left? Late night anime, sore eyes, and disappointing relationships.
Eh, its not quite that bad, but yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment